Paying out jackpots to gamers at PA online casinos isn’t always an undesirable outcome for operators. While the possibility of winning a significant jackpot is rare, when it does occur, players are ecstatic.
BetMGM Casino PA has paid $74.7 million in progressive jackpots through June. It is on track to outperform last year’s prize money total. In addition, two of the five highest jackpots on BetMGM were won by Pennsylvania residents.
The well-known gaming company is a market leader in the online casino area, particularly in Pennsylvania, owing to its extensive library of in-house titles.
In 2023, BetMGM Casino will Award Approximately $75 Million in Prizes
So far, in the first half of 2023, BetMGM has distributed $74.7 million in progressive prizes. It is on track to pay out close to $150 million in cash prizes for players this year, substantially exceeding the sum of $104 million in 2022.
Entain-created slot titles that are only available on BetMGM’s platform accounted for 41% of jackpot hits. Other slot manufacturers, including IGT, NetEnt, and Light & Wonder, contributed to the remaining 59% of winnings distributed.
Oliver Bartlett, BetMGM’s Director of Online Gaming, released the following statement:
“BetMGM is pleased to offer these large progressive jackpots to our customers.” Curating an appealing variety of jackpot titles is a priority, and our progressive jackpot pools provide terrific options for all gamers. We hope to outperform last year’s total and raise the bar for the entire online casino experience.”
Two Pennsylvania Online Casino Gamers Each Win $1 Million
Michigan had the largest total of jackpot prize money ($27.4 million), then came New Jersey ($23.2 million) along with Pennsylvania ($18.8 million).
While Pennsylvania comes last on the list, its two residents each earned $1 million. The following are the top five jackpots in each of the three states:
- New Jersey: Jan. 7 – MGM Grand Millions ($2.8 million)
- New Jersey: June 6 – Luck O’ The Jackpot ($2.4 million)
- Pennsylvania: April 4 – Fjord of Riches ($1.02 million)
- Pennsylvania: March 4 – MGM Grand Millions ($1.02 million)
- Michigan: May 15 – MGM Grand Millions Megaways ($799,048)
The Pennsylvania player that won in April stated that a portion of his winnings would be donated to Pennsylvania children’s hospitals. Alex Limesand, BetMGM’s Director of VIP Casino, stated:
“BetMGM congratulates the Pennsylvania player and thanks them for their contributions to St. Jude and Shriners Hospitals for Children.” We look at the prospect of continuing to set the benchmark for online casino quality and giving mega jackpot rewards to our customers.”
BetMGM also delivered CasinoWatchPA the top five jackpot winners in 2023 from only the Keystone State:
- Fjord of Riches: $1.02 million on April 4
- MGM Grand Millions: $1.02 million on March 4
- MGM Grand Millions: $551,893 on June 28
- MGM Grand Millions: $497,860 on April 16
- Bison Fury: $492,559 on April 29th
Popular BetMGM Titles Contribute to the Success of PA Online Casinos
BetMGM has over 1,500 games, which is a crucial component in its online casino success. Some of BetMGM’s most popular exclusive games are created in-house. Angus Nisbet, BetMGM’s VP of Gaming, spoke on a podcast featuring Pierre Lindh of iGaming Next:
“The successful games feature MGM branding.” It may be a match with MGM Bellagio or Riches.”
BetMGM has 85 in-house games, with more on the way by the end of the year. The BetMGM casino is the leading online gambling operator in the United States, with a 27% market share, based on its Q1 2023 slide presentation. BetMGM is one of the top providers in Pennsylvania.
Hollywood Casino has made the most significant income year to date ($426.1 million) from partnerships with its own gambling brand, BetMGM, DraftKings, Barstool, and PointsBet. Rivers Philadelphia, which works with BetRivers, Borgata, and Sugarhouse, comes in second place with $209.4 million for online revenue.
Expect BetMGM to continue at the top of the online casino business as it evolves.